Mar 25, 2012

Triathlon Training



Why would anyone want to do a triathlon? I have been training for the HSV triathlon in Hatfield, on May 13th for a month now and it has been excellent to ensure doing a good amount of cardio vascular exercise everyday. Unlike just training for long distance running it also has the added benefits of training in a variety of disciplines making clocking up the miles more interesting and meaning less of a likelihood for injury. The distances are: 400m swim, 20k bike ride finishing with a 5k run.

There is no going back now as I have officially signed up for the event! It is slightly intimidating being my first of its kind (and the fact that my times are towards the bottom of last years event!) but I would like to compete in support of Jeevits House: A rest house for aids orphans that I have connections with in Battambang, Cambodia. Last year we raised $300 for them to help fund summer kids camps for children from the local slums, including providing nutritious food during the day. Let me know if you would like to sponsor me for this event! Either per kilometre or just for completing! All proceeds will go to the same worthwhile cause!



No comments: